Sunday, August 3, 2008
Back from sunny Florida
The family has returned from sunny (and stormy) Florida - much to our dismay. The only person who was ready to come home was Lindsey - and that was only because she was having major computer access withdrawals. I think the rest of us would have stayed for...well, forever, if we could. (Perhaps in another lifetime.)
There was a lot of beach and pool action - and we took a water taxi ride (thanks Jon & Jamie for the suggestion) that was really fun. However, we did get off and visit the lighthouse during this ride and I don't think any of us found the 203 stairs to the top all that much fun. The view was spectacular - but we all "looked" like we'd climbed 203 steps. And, if you take a look at the photos, I'm confident you'll figure out which ones those are. I should say, however, that Trey climbed those chairs like a champion - and was always around 30 steps ahead of us taunting us to "hurry up." If you could bottle his energy you'd make a fortune.
I must say that while we didn't want to leave, the one thing we all agreed on is that we'd had enough "eating out" to last us quite a while. Being back in the kitchen, cooking meals has been wonderful.
Now, we're back to reality...work, school (just 9 days away for Trey and Lindsey) and the oppressive humidity and heat of Indiana. And, of course, we're back just in time for my allergies to kick into high gear. Gosh, I love this time of year in Indiana...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
great pix...thanks for sharing! looks like you had an awesome time!
Post a Comment